Today is Qingming Festival in China. It’s a tradition festival in china also known as tomb-sweeping day. People in china will have a break for 3 days.
In my hometown, it’s a tradition to eat tea eggs during Qingming Festival. We often have it for breakfast. Tea eggs have special taste, which I like very much. It’s also easy to make by only a few steps:
- add several spices like octagonal, pepper, cinnamon, fennel and some water
- cook for 5~6 minutes
- add some tea, no matter green tea or red tea
- wait about 1 hour
- add some soy sauce, sugar and salt
- add eggs and cook until boiling
- gently break the eggshell
- wait for about 1 day
The soup can be used repeatedly for several times, but need to be keep in the fridge.
Now enjoy your food!