My friend, Paul, who came to visit me from Taipei, Taiwan, he has been here for a month and I want to share how he feel about the 10 different things between Taipei and New York
- About restaurant: A lot of popular spots in Taipei are chain stores from other countries, such as jumba juice and Krispy Kreme. Can you believe people would spend 2 hours just for Krispy Kreme in Taipei? A lot of popular restaurant in NYC are local stores and the lines are still crazy.
- About traffic: People just don’t follow the rules in NYC!
- About people: People in NYC love to talk to strangers while people in Taipei are shy but are willing to help.
- About activity: Usually people love to meet up in restaurants in Taipei, or basically, stay indoor. But New Yokers love to spend their time out door whenever the weather is nice.
- About fashion: Most of the girls wear black and white and grey in NYC, but girls in Taipei love to wear more colorful clothes.
- About education: Taipei, or Asia care about remember everything from the textbooks while in NYC, or western countries, people cares about participation and thinking more.
- About Music: In Taipei, most of the popular singers are idol groups but in NYC you can hear a lot more different music.
- About drinks: So so many bars in NYC, in Taipei there are bubble tea stores in every corner.
- About subway: You cannot drink or eat inside Taipei transit that’s why it is always clean but subway in NYC is dirty and smell funky.
- About Starbucks: Starbucks is very expensive in Taipei, if you drink Starbucks often, people would think you are “rich”. But here in NYC, Starbucks is in every corner.