If you love chocolate as much as I do than you will pleased to know that Chocolate can actually be good for you, in moderation of course.
Studies have shown that chocolate is good for you and has many health benefits.
- In a Swedish study of more than 31,000 woman, those who ate one or two servings of dark chocolate each week cut their risk of heart failure by as much as a third.
- Another study showed that a square of dark chocolate a day lowered blood pressure and reduced risk of heart attack and stroke.
- If you are trying to loose weight but upset about cutting out sweets don’t lose hope! Researchers from the University of Copenhagen found that dark chocolate lessens cravings for sweet, salty and fatty foods. So having a small portion of dark chocolate will help you stick to your diet plan! YAY!
- In a small Italian study , participants who ate a candy bar worth of dark chocolate once a day for 15 days saw their potential for insulin resistance drop by nearly half.
- Swiss scientists found out that when very anxious people ate an ounce of chocolate every day for two weeks their stress hormone levels were significantly reduced.
- So when you are feeling stressed because you have to keep with school, work, having a social living and eating healthy, Don’t hesitate , grab that chocolate bar!
Makes you smarter!
- University of Nottingham researcher found that drinking cocoa rich drinks boosts blood flow to the brain for 2 to 3 hours which could improve performance and alertness.
- So when you are procrastinating on that 5 page essay the night byou might be better off eating some chocolate than having a cup of coffee!