I was at the Christmas Tree Shop when I found the cutest little dog treat maker.
And this is when I was inspired to start making dog treats
It looks just like your average panini or sandwich makes, but so much more adorable.
So here is the recipe
3 1/2 cups of flour (I used whole wheat, so they were healthier)
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of water
|remove core and seed; cut apple into bite sized pieces|
1. Mix together the flour, oil, and water. After beat in the egg. Then add in the apple pieces.
2. Continue mixing until a dough forms.
3. Next, place the dough on a flat, lightly floured surface and knead using your hands.
4. Then, roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick and cut the dough into bone shaped forms using the dog biscuit cutter provided. ( If you do not have a cutter, use a knife to make the shape of a dog bone.)
5. Cut out 10 biscuits and place them on the baking molds. (If you do not have a dog treat maker, place your biscuits on a greased pan. Then cover the pan with a lid for 4 to 6 minutes.)
6. Bake dough for 4 to 6 minutes.
7. Finally, remove the treats and allow them to cool before serving.
Hopefully your furry friend enjoys these treats as much as mine did!!
|Sundae, the model with his treat|
The best part is humans can enjoy these treats also!