During summer 2015, a freshly graduated high school senior, me, was very excited about going away to college. I couldn’t stop thinking about how I was going to decorate my dorm room. I’m really into make cute and fun arts and crafts and I needed to add some flavor to my room. I thought, an initial collage, would be a more interesting way to display the thousands of pictures I wanted to put up in my room. It turned out to be very quick project that looked pretty unique. I thought I would share my favorite dorm room decoration with everyone.
|These letter have at least 40 pictures on them. Don’t mind the table stains|
Copies of Pictures
|When printing the pictures I would recommend using a laser printer instead of an inkjet printer. If you print from a regular printer the ink turns green after being decoupage. I had my pictures printed at Walmart because it was very cheap.
- I started by painting the edges of the wooden letter a different color.
- After the paint drys start figuring out how you want to place the pictures on your letter. Cut and trim pictures to fit on the letter. Make sure to figure out which pictures will overlap each other
- Once you figure out which picture with go first, second, third, etc. It is time to start gluing!
- Work with one picture at a time. Apply enough Mod Podge to the letter for one picture. Then, add the picture. Smooth the picture down and make sure there are no air bubbles.
- Repeat step 4 for the rest of the pictures. Make sure to remember placement and overlap.
- After all the pictures have been added, let the letter dry for 30 minutes.
- Finally, use Mod Podge to brush over all the pictures.
That’s how quick making memories are!
Enjoy your new creation,