Ready for winter? I am NOT. Fall is going to end and I can’t stop dreaming about sunny beaches, hot waters and sand. We all just want to go away for a while and get some extra sun rays.
Here is my first pick…Guardalavaca, Cuba. This place boasts the finest beaches in the country. Funny fact: when Christopher Columbus first discovered it, he said that it was the most beautiful place he had ever seen in his life!
5 LOVELY THINGS TO DO THERE:
1. Get a tan on one of the nicest beaches in Cuba. There are three main beaches there: Guardalavaca Beach, Esmerelda Beach and Playa Pesquero. All three are just worth visiting with their white sands and turquoise waters.
2. Want some adventure?! Guardalavaca is one of Cuba’s top diving destinations thanks to its huge coral reef full of exotic fishes and plants just a few miles off shore. There are also some amazing underwater sites to explore such as caves and shipwrecks.
3. Need a ride? Take a Cuban cab and enjoy the trip in an old American car.
4. Walk through the Guardalavaca flea market and get yourself some souvenirs handmade by local artisans.
5. Finally, visit any local bars and sip the famous Cuba Libres cocktail — A Cuba libres cocktail is a mix of local rum and cola– delicious!
I am going to Cuba in February and I can’t wait to be there!!