I feel like I have spent the last 3 months constantly complaining about the weather. Granted, last winter was drastically worst, it didn’t bother me as much as this winter has. This winter came along so fast, and was brutal for at least a few weeks. Getting as low as 3 degrees, which sounds and is unbearable. The main issue I have with this weather is the fact that it is impossible to get well, when you are not feeling well.
Therefore, I thought I’d share a few of the things I swear by and use when I’m feeling under the “weather” (literally.
1. Emergen C – this is a powder mix that contains vitamins such as Vitamin C, which helps strengthen boost your immune system. There are a few different flavors, but all you have to do is put it in a glass or bottle of water and drink at least once a day. I like to use this when I even suspect that I may start getting sick, that way it can help before it gets worse.
2. Kleenex – these are pretty obvious but a MUST HAVE. Any New Yorker understands that as soon as you walk outside, your nose is bound to run.
3. Daily MultiVitamin – I’ve found that by taking these every single day, my body is better geared up to fight sickness, should it come along. You can buy these at any drug store.
4. Whiskey “Hot Toddy” – It sounds crazy but I also swear by this, if you heat up a little whiskey, then add lemon juice and honey whether you have a cough or sore throat, this works wonders. Only once a day though, too much isn’t the idea!
5. DayQuil – this is for the people that have a random sore throat, or cold. This is the best medicine if you’re unable to take time off of school or work, but still need to feel decent enough to get things done. I wouldn’t say it is a “cure all” but it definitely helps give you a boost of energy until your body is strong enough to fight off any sickness itself.
These are just a few tips and tricks to help you stay well, or feeling better this winter season! I know I’m not the only one who is constantly irritated by the cold 🙂