I wanted to write a brief blog about this image I found. I was wasting my Sunday evening away on iwastesomuchtime.com and found this interesting image. It has listed many of the commonly asked job interview questions and how they should be answer. Since most of us will be looking for Summer jobs or Fall internships. I thought it would be relevant to share this information.
Posts tagged ‘students’
Every year New York Institute of Technology participates in Relay for Life a movement started to show not only awareness but also to show support for those who are affected by cancer. This event is always held at the Old Westbury campus, and the Manhattan campus take buses to take students to Old Westbury and back to the city.
We stay up all night, we have some people come up on stage and tell us their story, we have some survivors come up on stage and talk about their struggle and we also have fun doing all of this. The NYIT community comes together as a whole connecting both campuses with this one annual event.
Last Year we had football, basketball, laser tag, singing, dancing and Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity Teletubbies. Yes you read right ladies and gentlemen they have their own Teletubbies who helped them raised money for a one of their members who had cancer and was struggling to pay his medical bills, that’s good fraternity.
Here’s a video of last years Relay
This year is only going to be better. Sign up sheets for the buses are in the 1849 building on Boradway second floor on the SGA office door. We are leaving April,19,2013 and coming back the next day.
Sin up because the buses are getting filled!
Thank You and Stay Safe
Hey did you know that as a college student you get discounts in many different stores?
In NYIT we get a discount to the stores near by like Tastie-Delight, Melissa Deli, and Subways. However it doesn’t stop there, hers a quick list of other places where you can get discounts at
- AMC Theatres: student discounted movie tickets every Thursday
- Amtrak: buy one full-fare ticket, get one 50% off
- Ann Taylor LOFT: 15% off
- Ann Taylor: 20% off
- Apple: 8% off (online and in-store)
- The Art Institute of Chicago: $50 annual student membership, plus other various discounts within the Art Institute
- Banana Republic: 15% off
- Blockbuster: discounts when you show your report card
- Broadway in Chicago: Ticket prices as low as $14.50 for select performances
- Burger King: 10% off
- Charlotte Russe: 10% off
- Club Monaco: 20% off regular-priced items
- Dairy Queen: 10% off
- Dominos Pizza: various student discounts based on location
- HP Academy Store: offers exclusive student discounts on laptops and desktop computers
- J. Crew: 15% off regular-priced items
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: $10 admission for students say you would like to do a suggestive donation
- Papa John’s: various student discounts based on location
- Pizza Hut: 10%-20% off (depending on location)
- Qdoba: student burrito meals $5
- Ralph Lauren Rugby: 15% off
- Regal Theaters: Up to 25% off tickets for select shows and dates
- Sam’s Club: Collegiate Annual Membership $40 plus FREE $15 Sam’s Club gift card
- Subway: 10% off
- Urban Outfitters: 10% off (on select dates only)
- Waffle House: 10% off
Do some research or ask around your neighborhood if they have a student discount, this can save you some money, so ask before you buy everyone. Most large chain company’s offer a student discount.
Have fun and stay safe.
As a college freshman you might feel shy, or a bit overwhelmed because college seems like a big step up in your life. There are going to be a whole bunch of confusion with finding your classes, the clubs and organizations on campus and trying to figure out what to do during your break before class because your tired of going to your dorm.
- Find a club or organization your interested in being in or learning about, this will help you meet some upperclassmen who will be able to give you the insight scoop about the campus.
- This would allow you to meet some good friends on campus which allow you to feel a bit more comfortable and confident on campus.
- You can ask these people in your club if they know where to go get some food, or if there’s anything to do here on campus (Besides club related things)
- Try-out for a schools team this would not only keep you away from gaining the “freshman 15″(weight) but you would also travel to other schools to compete and this allows you to network over there as well.
This is just the beginning, there’s so much more to do on campus that you can add to you resume.
- Join a fraternity or sorority. Do you research and you will find out that Greek Life plays a huge roll in this wold today most top companies CEO’s are greeks
- Become an orientation student, you wondering how you can put this on your resume right? well this position requires leadership skills, these leadership skill you get from training and you put in a managers position where you now have to supervise the first year students who are coming on campus. this can range from a few hundred to a couple thousands a semester.
- Work on campus, I prefer working in the student activities office because I get to know about events ahead of time, I also get to help planned them. This can range from clerical work, to supervision and or assistant to the head person in charge.
- Community Service and philanthropy work, you can add projects and philanthropy work to your resume which I’ve come to learn that employers look for when looking at a resume
There’s so much to do on campus besides the stereotypical studying and partying, college is when you create a social life that will make great networking possibilities for the future.
Hi All ,
Some of us like me we are going to be graduated in June .Honestlly I can’t wait to there. I am not ashamed to said it I am so tired of school!!!
I want balance in my life it’s really hard for some of us who are doing an internship tree days per week too because the kind of works that you needs do it is really different between class and work . Personally I prefer the day of internship because we work harder and most longer but at the end of the day you are done ! When you are at school you always have some homework or some researches to do and when you are relaxing watching a movie or what ever you knew that you shouldn’t do the fun stuff to focus on the school stuff….
The worst part is that in France we start school at three and a school day School day is to 8 am To 5 pm. More you growing up and more your day are longer before I came to NYIT I was during an internship during the day and I had class at night
Anyway I did my time 3 to 25 years old and I am more than ready to go to work for real if your are in the same case that me I all wish you luck for our final exams. Two more month and we will celebrate our new Freedom =)
At the strictly beginning, Spring Break appeared in Greece and Antic Roma. Spring embodied fertility and the population organized parties and rituals for their Gods and more particularly for Dionysus, Wine’s God. Indeed, during those celebrations, they drank a lot and danced too.
From the 19th century, Spring Break arrived in the United States. At that time, students gathered near lakes or waterfalls. It was like a rest cure after a long semester of studies.
Then, the phenomenon ran out of steam because several universities weren’t coeducational anymore. People went to their military service instead.
Spring Break, as we know it now, have been highlighted by the cult movie “Where the Boys Are” which met a huge success in the United States. The story was about students who went to Fort Lauderdale, in Florida, to make party and enjoy the sun.
From the 70’s, Spring Break became an institution. It was the hippy period so there were some drugs but also a lot of love. After Fort Lauderdale, Daytona Beach was invaded. Cancun was also created at that time, in 1969. Now, a bar is launched every week in Cancun.
Since Spring Break is our Spring Break, as we know (personally or in movies) it, there are a lot of different destinations:
South Padre Island, Texas
Palm Springs, California
Grand Bahama and Nassau, Bahamas
Daytona Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Panama City Beach and South Beach, Florida
Montego Bay and Negril, Jamaica
Acapulco, Cancun and Mazatlan, Mexico
Now, it’s up to you. Let’s pick up your destination!