I know you all know what this is about… Like me you are undergraduate students and you fight with yourself to have your assignments done before the due date. I know this is annoying and I know you are all like me: you LOVE procrastination!! Or maybe you do not love it but you are victim of it!
What is procrastination? You maybe do not know the word, but you already have done it at least once in your life! To procrastinate is to have trouble working, doing your homework, and always think that you will do it the day after. But afterwards, you have too much to do in a small amount of time and you just cannot handle it! Better do it before this point!
Here are some advices not to procrastinate and to have all your assignments done on the due date, without any ‘freaking out’ time to handle
1) Admit that you are used to procrastinate, that you are aware of it and that you want to make things change
2) Prepare a nice area to be able to work efficiently, in which you will be willing to stay a little while (not your kitchen with all your family coming around and disturb you haha)
3) Get rid of everything that can disturb you: phone, laptop, TV, magazines…
4) Prepare a list of what you have to do and when you have to have done it.
5) List priorities: what needs to be done before the others. Do it like a calendar if you like, with a agenda on each day.
6) Do some breaks not to be overwhelmed with your work.
7) Work with other students if you feel more comfortable.
8) Think about some objectives and awards: if you finish your essay before the end of the day, you will allow yourself to go see your friends and have a drink/dinner with them, for instance. It really helps myself to be motivated!!
I hope these tips will help you since the graduation is coming so fast!!
Good luck everybody!!