Paris Fashion Week is truly one of the biggest fashion weeks. It is known for its avant-garde styles and presentations, basically a spectacular. The biggest trends to strut down the Parisian runways included CAPES! Yes, they are back and chicier than ever. Some of the brands that presented this new and improved style include Costume National and Johji Yamamoto. Bigger brands such as Lanvin, Balenciaga, and Alexander McQueen have also incorporated this trend into their Fall 2012 couture and ready to wear lines. But it is Costume National and Johji Yamamoto who take home the gold metal for presenting a new innovative twist on the cape.
Other big trends seen in New York, London, and Paris Fashion Week include: Bold Reds, Capes, Floral Print Jeans, Tribal Print, High-cut Slits, Asymmetrical (BIG TREND FOR THIS SPRING/SUMMER TOO!!), and Gaucho Hats.
So you love the trends but can’t afford the hefty prices? Well lucky for you, neither can I. Being a college student and trying to keep up with fashion is no easy task. Here are 6 places to get these fabulous trends without burning a hole through your wallet:
- ASOS : Great for everything from tribal print to gaucho hats. CAPES!
- Urban Outfitters : Asymmetrical and High Slit skirts.
- ZARA : Tribal prints and skirts. Awesome chiffon pants!!
- Forever 21 : Cheapest alternative, not lasting quality but they have all the trends.
- H&M : Lots of bold colors available!!
- Top Shop : A little pricier than the other options, but its the best quality and VERY trendy.
For updates on Fashion, Social Media, Marketing, Advertising, and more follow me on Twitter: @LizclaireT.