I talked about diet on my last post and today I would like to talk about workout. Like I said, I don’t like doing exercise but I feel like dying and it always take a long time. For example, jogging or swimming, I have to go to the gym, and then change my sport outfit, and then jog or swim for an hour, and then bath and then change back my outfit and finally go back home. I am a lazy person and especially on Fall and Winter, I am not willing to go out when it is cold. Therefore, I was looking for some exercise that I can do at HOME.
(Cassey’s channel was suggested by Jenn on my last post)
Cassey has a lot of videos that teach you to workout in different part of your body. The best thing of her video is Cassey keep talking and motivating you along. Sometime you will laugh about of what she say and just forget the hardness of the workout. Her workout videos are short like 4 to 6 mins. In addition, she also has a 15 to 20 mins yoga video. I am trying to do at least 1 or 2 workout by following her video.
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a relaxed and stress-free break. After a couple of days of not doing Insanity due to work and some of other things i’m back on it! This workout video is no joke. Lucky it’s only 30-45 minutes a day. Today was a lot of cardio exercises which had my heart racing haha. With these videos, especially if you are not use to working out you kind of have to do it on your pace because if not you’ll burn out quickly. Towards the end of the workout i had to take off my shirt because i was sweating like crazy. All i can think about is food food and food but i have to keep my focus . After the workout instead of indulging in a heavy meal i made a quick smoothie using one banana, half a cup of raspberries, half a cup of blueberries, and half a cup of unsweetened almond milk. Since I,m not used to drinking fruit smoothies it takes me a while to drink it . Hopefully changes to the way i eat and look will show in the days to come. Until Next time guys! =]
I am sure we are all anticipating the end of this spring semester, we just have to get over the hump we call finals. It can be a very stressful and overwhelming time, specially if you have other obligations such as work or an internship. So it is important to make sure that you have your stress under control so you can juggle everything. Here are 5 tips for dealing with your stress:
- Exercise: Exercise releases endorphins which stimulates a person to be happy. Whether your choice of exercise is swimming, running, or yoga, it is important to keep your body moving so you can combat your stress.
- Hobbies: If you have a hobby it can be very relaxing. Getting away from all of the work that has to be done is necessary in high stress times. Reading, Cooking, Listening to Music, or taking a walk: are all good suggestions for de-stressing.
- Eat: Maintain healthy eating habits. Food does effect how your brain functions, certain foods can actually cause your mind to be disheveled. Try to stay away from junk food, mainly potato chips. It causes the mind to slow down. Instead incorporate fruits, vegetables, and nuts into your diet. They help to maintain chemical balance in the brain. Also, try to have tea or coffee, they contain antioxidants and caffeine which god knows we need during finals!
- Sleep: Sleep is one of the MOST important functions to the human body. According to Web MD sleep deprivation can cause: Depression, Stress, Anxiety, Work Mistakes, Poor Concentration, and apathy. Make sure you are getting enough sleep, all that studying is useless if your brain is not fried during your final exams.
- Have a drink!!: Remember to have some fun!!! While it is important to study and get everything in order it is actually a proven study (done by UCLA) that people (specially women) need to spend time with friends. It stimulates a hormone in women called oxytocin which has a calming effect. Having a drink lets anyone let lose and have fun!!
So there you have it, 5 ways to keep calm and carry on. Good luck with all your final exams!! I will be fully inebriated for 48 hours after my last exam. One more thing, just because it is a stressful exam week does not mean it is an excuse to show up to school in sweats and pajamas. Please, come dressed like a normal adult!!! Xx
For more on fashion, social media, marketing, and more follow me on Twitter: @LizclaireT