Hey Guys! I hope everyone had a pleasant and chill weekend like i did. So on Saturday it was my 21st birthday so i decided to go to MamaJuana Cafe in the upper west side(between 87th and 88th st and Amsterdam ave) with some of my closest friends. It is a latino cuisine style restaurant and at night it turns into a lounge where they have DJs and dancing. The food is really good and there are many options to choose from . On Saturdays they have what’s called “Hoy Se Bebe Saturdays” which in rough translation means “Today you Drink Saturdays”. They have 2 for 1 drinks 11pm-12am along with other packages.
Above is what i had to eat, which is a sweet plantain stuffed with salted codfish in like a creole sauce. It was so good! Of course i had to get some drinks to go along with it. I had a couple of maragaritas and white sangria which were really good, and the best part is i didn’t pay for anything because it was my birthday so my friends took care of me but still haha. Thanks to my friends i enjoyed myself and had a really good time. So if you’re looking for a good time i suggest MamaJuana’s. It was very chill, the staff were very nice and the ambiance was very outgoing.
If you want to set something up or for more info regarding packages, you can contact the main promoter Brian Martinez or by email Frescoproductionsnyc@gmail.com. Until next time guys!
I am sure we are all anticipating the end of this spring semester, we just have to get over the hump we call finals. It can be a very stressful and overwhelming time, specially if you have other obligations such as work or an internship. So it is important to make sure that you have your stress under control so you can juggle everything. Here are 5 tips for dealing with your stress:
- Exercise: Exercise releases endorphins which stimulates a person to be happy. Whether your choice of exercise is swimming, running, or yoga, it is important to keep your body moving so you can combat your stress.
- Hobbies: If you have a hobby it can be very relaxing. Getting away from all of the work that has to be done is necessary in high stress times. Reading, Cooking, Listening to Music, or taking a walk: are all good suggestions for de-stressing.
- Eat: Maintain healthy eating habits. Food does effect how your brain functions, certain foods can actually cause your mind to be disheveled. Try to stay away from junk food, mainly potato chips. It causes the mind to slow down. Instead incorporate fruits, vegetables, and nuts into your diet. They help to maintain chemical balance in the brain. Also, try to have tea or coffee, they contain antioxidants and caffeine which god knows we need during finals!
- Sleep: Sleep is one of the MOST important functions to the human body. According to Web MD sleep deprivation can cause: Depression, Stress, Anxiety, Work Mistakes, Poor Concentration, and apathy. Make sure you are getting enough sleep, all that studying is useless if your brain is not fried during your final exams.
- Have a drink!!: Remember to have some fun!!! While it is important to study and get everything in order it is actually a proven study (done by UCLA) that people (specially women) need to spend time with friends. It stimulates a hormone in women called oxytocin which has a calming effect. Having a drink lets anyone let lose and have fun!!
So there you have it, 5 ways to keep calm and carry on. Good luck with all your final exams!! I will be fully inebriated for 48 hours after my last exam. One more thing, just because it is a stressful exam week does not mean it is an excuse to show up to school in sweats and pajamas. Please, come dressed like a normal adult!!! Xx
For more on fashion, social media, marketing, and more follow me on Twitter: @LizclaireT